How to get to Bali
All the information on how to get to Bali with a tourist visa, the conditions to be met and the documents needed, the airlines that land in Bali. As well as the situation with the covid-19 coronavirus in Bali and Nusa Penida.
Can we go to Bali now?
Yes it is possible to go to Bali. Indonesia has indeed canceled the coronavirus covid-19 quarantine obligation as of March 7, 2022 and has reintroduced the tourist visa on arrival at 7 indonesian airports for fully vaccinated travelers from 72 countries. Here is the exhaustive list for Visa on Arrival (VOA) :
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonian, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, The Netherlands, Timor Leste, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam
The conditions to enter Bali :
The conditions to enter Bali :
- Valid immigration documents : passport valid for 6 months after travel and return ticket.
- full vaccination certificate dating back more than 14 days (children under 18 do not need vaccination).
- If you have been confirmed positive for COVID-19 a maximum of 30 days before departure and you have been declared inactive in transmitting COVID-19, an exception is made from the obligation to show a fully COVID-19 vaccination card/certificate, a minimum of one dose is nevertheless required.
- Single-dose vaccines such as Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V or Convidecia, are accepted
- PCR test is no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers.
- Peduli Lindungi app should be downloaded on your phone
- proof of health insurance that covers COVID.
For International arrivals into Bali who will be undertaking domestic travel to other parts of Indonesia you will be required :
- If you had your 3rd booster no PCR or Antigen test is required
- If you received only the second dose you will need a negative PCR (3x 24 hours ) or antigen (1×24 hour) tests prior to departure.
- If you received only the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine you will need a negative PCR tests (3×24 hours) prior to their departure.
- If you are unable to be vaccinated due to health requirments and you have an official medical letter you will need a negative PCR test ( 3×24 hours)
For Domestic Travelers the above applies for travel within Indonesia including Bali.
Indonesian Citizens are required to have a booster to exit and enter Indonesian.
Visa on Arrival (VOA)
- For holders of a passport issued by one of the 60 countries listed.
- For arrivals at the following airports: Jakarta, Bali, Medan, Surabaya, Makassar, Manado, Yogyakarta
- With a return ticket of a one way ticket to another country
- Price of visa on arrival is IDR 500,000 per person (including children).
- Payable at the airport by MasterCard, Visa or cash in Indonesian Rupiah.
- the VOA is valid for 30 days and can only be extended once at the nearest immigration office.
Visa Exemption Arrangement (VEA)
- For holders of a passport issued by one of the following countries : Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- the VEA is valid for 30 days and cannot be extended.
My Paris Denpasar trip on March 27
I flew with Air France on March 27, 2022. The flight was direct from Paris CDG to Singapore, followed by a Singapore Denpasar flight with KLM. Checks in Paris: the vaccination certificate and the recent negative PCR test, the KITAS (because I did not have a return flight). Checks in Singapore: vaccination certificate, recent negative PCR test, address for the first night, KITAS. The arrival in Denpasar was super easy. I got off the plane early and the whole process took less than 30 minutes.
Going to Nusa Penida
Once in Bali it is still very easy to reach Nusa Penida. Fast boat connections resumed in June 2020, with the obligation to wear a mask. No test is required and there are many daily connections between Bali and Nusa Penida.
Rules for traveling within Indonesia during covid-19
To fly within Indonesia, you no longer need for a test if you have your full vaccination with 3 doses. If you have only received one dose you must present a negative PCR test. If you have received 2 doses a negative antigen test is sufficient. The Garuda website gives more detailed information.
What airlines land to Bali?
Airlines have resumed their flights to Bali since February 2022. It is better to buy your flights directly from the airlines who wll reimburse the ticket in case of inability to travel due to the coronavirus.
Four airlines are very serious: Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France and Qatar Airways FR,
Singapore Airlines has resumed direct daily Singapore Bali flights since February 16, 2022. The company now operates two Singapore – Bali round trips every day.
Be careful when transiting at Changi Airport on arrival and departing flights operated by different airlines. Tickets for both flights should be on the same booking itinerary. Furthermore, the passenger’s checked-in luggage at the origin airport must be tagged-through to the final destination.Book your next flight to Asia-Pacific with complete peace of mind and security with Singapore Airlines
Qatar Airways now operates 4 flights per week Doha – Bali and return, on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Air France KLM
KLM resumed flights to Bali in March 2020 with two weekly Amsterdam-Singapore-Bali flights, on Mondays and Thursdays. The Air France Paris Singapore connects easily with the KLM flight to Bali. There is a short stopover but the KLM flight generally waits for the Air France flight in case of delay. And the two planes are usually next to each other.
The other airlines
Turkish Airline operates three daily Istanbul Bali flights, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Many regional companies link Bali and Singapore, such as Garuda Indonesia, Scoot, Jetstar and AirAsia. Jetstar and Garuda have also resumed direct flights to Australia (Melbourne and Sydney only for now). And Malaysia Airline and Airasia also serve Kuala Lumpur.
Emirates has yet to resume direct flights Dubai-Bali.
Coronavirus Covid-19 stats in Bali and Nusa Penida
The omicron wave of covid-19 coronavirus in Bali and Indonesia is now over. In addition, almost the entire target population is vaccinated and more than 50% already received the booster. The authorities have therefore just announced the end of the mandatory quarantine and restored the tourist visa on arrival for visitors from 60 countries.
What is the covid-19 situation in Nusa Penida?
Nusa Penida is in a green zone. There have been no new cases in the past 4 weeks and the recovery rate is over 95%. In Nusa Penida, as of January 19, 2022, 454 people were detected positive, of whom 430 are cured. In the village of Sakti, where. were is located Adiwana Warnakali dive resort and Amok sunset bar and restaurant, there were only 23 cases in total.
What should you do once in Bali ?
Best places to see in Nusa Penida
After 30 visits to Nusa Penida I updated my list of 15 awesome sites so see in Nusa Penida : beaches, temples, cliffs, dive sites and many more !
Where to stay in Nusa Penida
How to choose where to stay in Nusa Penida among the 450 listed hotels. 5 stars, boutique hotel, glamping or charming bungalows?
What to do in Nusa Penida
Read all about what to do in Nusa Penida. Scuba diving with Manta Rays or Mola Mola, discover amazing beaches or just follow the adventure !
Any questions about how to get to Bali?
If you have a question about how to get to Bali or about the coronavirus covid situayion, don’t hesitate to post it in the comments. I will answer on line or send you a specific email answering your question !